Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Today I got up and decided to hop on my treadmill right away. This way I would not have any excuses, such as: we will be leaving the house soon, it's to late in the day, I'll just use today as my day off.

I am extremely happy that I decided to get up and get on the treadmill, because today I was able to run for 20 minutes straight. Again, I know some of you are thinking, wow 20 minutes, is she kidding??? This is a really long time for me considering that back in April (end of April) I could not even run for one minute without wanting to quit, because it felt as though someone was standing on my lungs. Now even after 20 minutes I do not have that feeling, but I sure do get tired quickly.

Workout for today: 45 Minutes Total

Minutes Item and Distance
1-20 Run for 1.52 minutes (I finished 1 mile in 13.18 minutes)
20-30 Walk - distanced equaled 2 miles at this point
30-36.5 Run for another half mile - distance equals 2.5 miles at this point
36.5-45 Walk for another half mile (as cool down) - distance equals 3 miles at this point

At this rate I am not sure how I am going to build up enough strength and endurance to run a complete Marathon. I must have been crazy the day that I agreed to this, but I am not giving up. I am going to keep on working out and building up the length of time and distance that I am able to run.

No comments: