Sunday, November 16, 2008

11-16-08

Both procedures have been approved by the insurance company. The date has been moved up 11-19-08 (yes three days from today). I am very nervous, but ready. G is going to take Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off from work to be with me. This is very sweet of him. I wish that my girls were coming, but I will not be much fun for them, so it is OK.

I will see them in April when I go home for the Marathon. Yes, I am still going to try my hardest to do the Marathon. This is the last year that they are going to run this course and I want to be able to say that I was part of it. I have figured it out and if I take six weeks off after my surgery, it will put me at 1-1-09. This would give me 15 fulls weeks before a taper week to get back into shape for a Marathon. OK, some may think that this is very optimistic and I am sure that it is, but I would like to give it a try. It will however truly depend on how quickly I recover and how well I feel by the first of the year. I am in no hurry and i am not going to rush anything with this surgery. I will take all the time that I need to make sure that I am fully healed before trying anything stupid. In fact, I have taken two weeks off from work and for those of you that really know me this is a really long time for me to be at home and guess what I plan to do? Nothing, you read that right. I am going to do nothing. I am going to lounge a round read books, watch TV, be lazy, and do nothing.

I am going to have G take some pictures of me prior to surgery and then I will have him take them after surgery. I will try to update this frequently, but remember I am going to do nothing for two weeks.

No comments: