Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7, 2008

Competition

I forgot to update you on the competition at work. OK, I did not win, but I still ran 109 miles in 61 days. That by itself is an awesome accomplishment for me.

Prior to me starting running in April of 2008, I would say that I did not run 109 miles in my whole life. I am 31 so that would have only required me to run about 3.5 miles a year. I do know that we would have to run a mile in gym class once a year for our assessment tests, but that was the only running that I was doing and that 1 mile per year does not even come close to 109.

The winner of our competition ran almost 160 miles in 61 days. This is so AWESOME!!! The next closest person came in at around 130 miles (AWESOME)!!!

I am so proud of everyone that was in our competition regardless of the number of miles that they did. I am so amazed by the number of miles that we have collectively run, that I want to continue tracking the number of miles that we run until at least the end of the year (maybe longer -I am a numbers junkie).

No comments: